WHO ARE WE…
The Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds of Michigan (ARVC Michigan) is a 501 (c) (6) trade association in the state of Michigan.
ARVC Michigan is the only association in Michigan that is exclusively dedicated to representing Michigan campground owners and operators, by promoting the use, growth and improvement of licensed camping areas; maintain liaison with state government; improve the industry through education; and provide services deemed proper in the interest of campground owners, operators and the camping public.
ARVC Michigan is the largest campground association in the state and one of the largest campground associations in the U.S. The Association currently represents nearly 160 RV parks and campgrounds totaling nearly 25,000 sites available in Michigan’s Upper and Lower Peninsulas.
Our MISSION is to lead in the development of the RV park and campground industry through education, communication and representation.
The Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds of Michigan (ARVC Michigan), formally known as the Michigan Association of Private Campground Owners (MAPCO) was formed in November 1968 at Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo. The five founding members recognized the need to form a nonprofit 501 (C)(6) trade association to represent the mutual interest of privately owned and operated campgrounds, and the users of campgrounds. The Association was founded in order to support each member through the strength of a “Community” and to improve those things that affect the successes of member businesses.
- Became an Affiliated Partner to the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (arvc) in 1973
- Prepared the first ever economic study of Michigan’s private campground industry and continued study of its consumer
- Responsible for the ON THE HIGHWAY signing rules, treating privately owned and operated campgrounds equally with state and other public campgrounds
- Publishing the Annual Michigan Campground Directory since 1971—distributing 100’s of thousands annually throughout Michigan, the Midwest and Canada (Michigan Welcome Centers, RV Shows, RV Dealers, Convention & Visitors Bureaus, Chambers of Commerce, AAA travel centers and Libraries
- Hosting educational conferences, campground supplier expo and meetings since 1973. First conference held at Kellogg Center at Michigan State University
- Monitors state wide regulations affecting privately owned and operated campgrounds
“Your one voice, joined with others like you—is the strength of our industry”
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Bill Green, President
Waffle Farm Campgrounds
Paul Maitre, Vice President
Bluegill Lake Family Camping Resort
Carol Forward, Treasurer
Lakeside Resort Campground
Jamei Wolfinger, Secretary
Dave Cordray, Immediate Past- President
White River RV Park & Campground
Gammy Woods Family Campground, Inc.
Holiday Camping Resort
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort – South Haven
Mackinaw Mill Creek Camping
Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort – Indian River
Gateway Park Campground
Lincoln Pines Resort, Inc.
124 West Allegan, Ste 1000
Lansing, MI 48933
(F) 850. 860.1494